Sunday, May 8, 2011

Momma's Day

It's been quite a Sunday! I had a short but wonderful run this morning before church. A short run is better than no run and a great way to start the day. I saw a lot of moms out running or walking this morning. Some were with their children and others were not. As always, mothers were honored at church and I enjoyed telling complete strangers, "Happy Mother's Day." The Wells Fargo golf tournament also handed out pink stickers for all of the moms to wear today.  It's amazing how much moms do and how appreciated they are. After all, none of us would be here without them.  My grandmother ran the Peachtree Road Race in 1978 and my mom began running it a year or two later.  They are both truly inspirations. While I did not get to see my mom today, I celebrated with her last week in California- again running. It's becoming one of our favorite things to do together. Of course during this time we talk about life, laugh, and even sometimes cry. We share stories about work and adventures with our students. She gives advice and I listen. While I am not yet a mother I certainly have motherly feelings towards my students. I care about them, worry about them, get frustrated with them, and am so proud of them.  With just a few weeks left in the school year I am anxious and excited about their futures.  I hope I am an inspiration to each child like many of my teachers were for me.

How did you celebrate Mother's Day? Running, walking, biking, or just relaxing?

No comments:

Post a Comment