Friday, February 17, 2012

Where Have I Been?

Though I've been gone for more than a week, this description of my week will explain where I've been the past month. Factor in the two jobs too...

Monday: Morning yoga at Y2, followed by afternoon yoga with my co-worker and her friend.

Tuesday: Fight Gone Mad in the morning, short run and yoga at Charlotte Yoga in the evening.

My friend Lauren taught at FGM. It was fabulous! 2:30 minutes after 2:30 minutes of intense core and full body workout. I had never done circuit training until I went to FGM. I was very intimidated by it, but I really like it because you set your own goals so it really doesn't matter what everyone else is doing.

Wednesday: SLEPT in the morning and went to a new instructor at Y2 that evening. It was hot vinyasa slow, not fast like I usually do. This was really nice, but just as hard. Holding poses is tough.

Thursday: Hilliard Studio Method in the morning. I tweet about this place a lot. It's a pilates/barre studio and is the closest I'll ever get to "doing weights." 15 minutes upper body with handweights, 15 minutes pushups and planks, 15 minutes lower body using pilates ball and ballet barre. It makes me feel like I'm a ballerina. Amazing for muscles and posture. Yoga One in the evening. This is the studio where I first did yoga. It is hot and the music consists only of you and your neighbor's breath. Still love it there.

Friday: Back to Fight Gone Mad. The class this morning was crazy intense. No weights or machines were involved. It was a "mystery class" so we had no idea what workout we would switch to until it was time. It was three 5 minute sessions, with a different workout each minute, followed by one last 4 minute tabata series. The mystery workouts ranged from pushups to star jumps. The tabata was of burpees. I am not terribly great at these, but I pushed myself hard. If you're not familiar with tabata, it's a concept of very high intense workout for short periods of time, 20-10. 20 seconds on 10 seconds off for four minutes. I was dying at the end, and I'm going to be very sore tomorrow (when I finally head back out for a run.)

And then I went and posed by the FGM girl. Not quite there...


No comments:

Post a Comment