Tuesday, April 3, 2012

New York City

"The Uni-verse gave you your dreams and planted them in your heart. Any story or belief that you hold about why you can't have it is a lie. The Uni-verse has your back. The Uni-verse wants you to be happy. The Uni-verse made you to fulfill your purpose of living your dreams, giving your gifts and helping out and inspiring other people. Tell stories that back up your dreams - that enforce your gifts - that help you to thrive. THOSE stories are the stories that are TRUE and in alignment with your true nature."
from: Mastin Kipp at http://thedailylove.com/


A friend of mine shared that blog with me a couple months ago and I read it every morning. It is always very inspiring. Today, it is especially. I wasn't really sure what to title this blog. So I went simply with "New York City." After this school year is over, I will be moving from Charlotte. My current response is, "to NYC or DC," but what I really mean is to NYC. The past year or so this has really grown to be a dream of mine, which I will elaborate more on later. 


Yesterday I found myself working at a shop on Broadway in SoHo. This was unbelievable. Even six months ago I would have called you crazy if you said I would be doing that. 


I'm here visiting friends and working because it is our Spring Break (I love Spring Break!) 
I left Charlotte early yesterday morning.

US Airways actually saved me for once.



I finally started reading Hunger Games on the flight.

When I got into Manhattan I went and met my friend at the City Bakery. I had a delicious, delicious muffin and coffee for breakfast. (I had probably four cups of coffee yesterday which is very unusual for me. But I woke up at 3:30 AM so...) 



From there I walked to my home for the week. I could walk all over New York all day long. One of the things I am most excited about when I live here is not having a car. I could walk forever. Though these feelings may change in freezing and snowy weather, but I'll deal with that later. 

While I'm here I am hopefully going to look at a few apartments to live in and check out some potential jobs.  I am so excited to begin a life here!

Last night we joined one of our other friends for a Mexican dinner at La Palapa. We had mushroom and shrimp quesadillas, guacamole, and some sangria. We then went and saw my friend's new place and it is AMAZING. Check out his back deck.


That's only a corner of the deck. And yes this place is right in the heart of Manhattan. It is a steal, for sure. I was reminded to not get my hopes up about where I live. Yes, I will be fine living in an itsy bitsy room. I actually look forward to it.


I plan on doing a lot of sweating here this week. In addition to walking around the City I'm going to do some yoga, running, and of course check out SoulCycle. Any other suggestions? Could you ever live in NYC? If you live here, what is your favorite part?

1 comment: