Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thank You Yoga

As I said in my last post I had an amazing run yesterday. Dominated hills and felt strong the whole time. I feel like I owe a lot of this to yoga and getting back into it the past two months. I really believe it makes my legs SO much stronger, as well as my upper body and core.  And if it's not yoga, well I least I'm convincing myself that's the case. It is super late again and for once the TV is off so it really is bedtime. But I had to write quickly because I have something I really want to share. I went to yoga tonight. Same studio but different instructor and different class. It was called "Kick Your Asana." It certainly did that. It was constant flow and had the heart rate through the roof. I really enjoyed that part of the class, but also enjoyed the first five or so minutes. The instructor talked to us about how the month of August we're going to focus on Satya, Sankskrit for Truthfulness. Then he read to us the "Seven Basic Truths." This really set the tone for practice and made it one of the best ones I've had lately.


Here they are:



1.  Imagination creates your reality.
2.  Thoughts are things.
3.  What you think about grows.
4.  You become what you think about.
5.  Your assumptions form your world; so keep your mind on what you want, and off of what you don't want.
6.  You can change your world by reforming your assumptions.
7.  If you cannot change the situation, you can change its effect on you by changing your assumption or your attitude about it; and eventually, you may even be able to change the situation.

I could relate these to life in so many ways, and some other day and time soon I will reflect on them. For now, Thanks Charlotte Yoga for letting me share!

No comments:

Post a Comment