Monday, November 28, 2011

Full belly, Sleepy eyes...

It's 6:48 PM and I am in bed. No joke. Not sitting on my bed, but in it. I can barely keep my eyes open to type right now. While I enjoyed Thanksgiving break immensely, it may have been one of the best ever, I did not get enough rest.

Tuesday- drove to Atlanta in the scariest weather ever. Thankful for the safe drivers on the road and so happy when I pulled up to my parents. Especially because my oldest brother surprised me by being there AND they had my favorite Chinese food for me. This was probably my best and longest night of sleep. I slept like a rock until just after 8AM, which is very late for me these days.

Wednesday- This was a relaxing day. We wrote out a schedule of what food should be in the oven at what time, and how long this should stay there. This was to help my mom, who insists on writing every little thing down. Since dad and I were running Thursday morning I suppose she needed the help. I find myself doing things like this more and more, little lists everywhere. I am absolutely slowly turning into her :-) I went to bed not until 11. I usually try to get to sleep at least by 10 when I have a race the next morning. Ooops.

Thursday- Dad woke me up at 5:45AM and we were out the door just after 6. After my AMAZING run I was surprisingly full of energy opposed to the sometimes tired I feel. It wasn't until after we ate Thanksgiving lunch that I convinced my 6 year old niece I needed a nap. "Ok, if I win this game I get a nap," I told her. There was no holding back, I had to win, I had to nap, and I did. But not for super long.


It's really hard to say no to her!

We had to get up, head to the mall and see the lighting of the Macy's (previously Rich's) Great Tree! This is a long-standing tradition in my family. As my brother so eloquently stated as we were walking back to the car, "You know, I really didn't want to come. But now I'm glad I did. I'm really in the Christmas spirit now. I think I'm ready for Christmas music!" I probably didn't go to sleep until midnight or so...


We've followed the tree lighting from downtown ATL Rich's to Underground to Lenox Mall.


Friday- Up and at 'em at 7:30AM to hit the malls by 8AM. I guess I got a decent nights sleep, but my body couldn't move. It felt this way all day, and by 3 or so I was exhausted from shopping and limping around. We went to dinner at Murphy's that night and I had dessert there followed by gelato. Talk about two days of eating a LOT. On the way home we checked out the Griswold's of my parent's neighborhood. This year you tune your radio to a certain channel and can even hear choreographed music. "Look at the trees dancing!!!" my dad said as we drove past. He lives for this kind of stuff, but let's be honest, so do I.



Saturday- I was up again early to head home to Charlotte. I missed the UGA/GaTech game for the first time in years, but I was ok with that. We still won :-) I worked afternoon/night at lululemon and was exhausted when I got home. However, I managed to stay up until almost 2AM blogging, tweeting, etc.

Sunday- Up early again. Advent started Sunday and this is my favorite time of year to go to church. I know I should go every week but it's just hard sometimes. This is the time of year I really try to make it ever Sunday.  I even attended the early service because I had to be back at the store at 10:30. I was there again all day on my feet until 5 or so. As tired as I was, I was talked into yoga this morning at Y2 yoga.

Yoga class was at 6:30 this morning after not going to bed until midnight or so last night. I had never been to the studio but I really liked it! It was a hot vinyasa fast class. It was just that. I had to plop down to child's which I haven't had to do in a while, and even take a fill up my water AKA cool air break. It was a fantastic way to start my week though. I think I'm going to stick to lots of yoga this week (and early bedtimes!) and get back into running this weekend. I'm working on getting a better pair of shoes that don't make my heels bleed everywhere.

Goodnight! (Yes it is now 7:05PM :-) )

No comments:

Post a Comment